For the upcoming audio essay project, our group is going to explore the neighborhood of Atlantic Station. So I did a little research about the neighborhood using the search engine of GT library.
The search was easy. I found an ariticle named "Bringing Community to the City" in the EBSCO database. First published in "BusinessWeek Online" in 2006, this article features the development of Atlantic Station. Following the link provided by the webpage, I was able to view the article directly.
Best of all, a summary was provided. Readers and get a brief, yet clear view about what the article is about. I believe this powerful tool is going to be a big help once we go deeper into our project.
P.S. the summary of the neighborhood is quoted below:
"The article describes how new urbanism, defined as the emergence of townships in metropolitan areas across the U.S., has been changing the landscape and the American style, as of May 2004. Atlantic Station, officially opened in October 2005, trendy antidote to the suburban and exurban sprawl. It's a shiny new town, complete with city blocks, sidewalks, street parking, a train station, parks, schools, offices, town houses, and even loft residences right above the retail stores. Atlanta officials hope the project will help reduce traffic: Residents can walk to restaurants and entertainment, and use mass transit or walk to work. Other projects preventing sprawl are discussed."
berry Fields
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment