Not only “urban hiking” helps you to grasp a better sense of the city, but also is a great way to prevent “freshmen fifteen.” After reading their blog and seeing some of the great pictures posted there, I am about to become a fan of their group.
The blog I will introduce here is “inDECATUR.” Upon opening the blog, there is a brief introduction of Decatur, a city six miles from metro Atlanta. The content of the blog focuses on various events that take place in Decatur. From a book festival to self-defense courses, it feeds people, both local and away, with what is going on in the neighborhood. While pictures in the postings make the reading experience pleasant, the words give readers accurate descriptions about the events.
I would argue the same as Patrick does on what drives the blogger to write consistently. Local events bring people in the community, or even people outside the community, together. Thus, people would leave their private spaces behind and get involved in the community.
P.S. No English class tomorrow! Wish everyone has a great labor day weekend!
berry Fields
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment