Blueprint: One


View Blueprint: One in a larger map

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Patrick Barron - Where I would want to live

Well, this kinda goes back to what we did yesterday in class about what neighborhood in Atlanta we would prefer to live in and why.

I said I would want to live in Virginia Highland. After running around Atlanta this semester I have found that Virginia Highland would be the best to grow a family. Of course I would have to be able to afford it but I will leave price out of the discussion this time.

Virginia Highland attracts me because of its easy access to the city, parks, and everyday life. Having the city within walking distance is a nice aspect because if you work inside the city you could walk there or catch the Marta. I also like how parks are within reach. There are smaller parks in the neighborhood and Piedmont Park not far away. These are a big deal for me because I need places to run. The large sidewalks in Virginia Highland works well with my running because I don't have to run on the road all the time. I spent all of last school year in Princeton, New Jersey, where there were not many sidewalks. Running on the road was not only dangerous, but also not too good for my body because of the slant of the road.

Being a traditional neighborhood there are shops and restaurants right on the road of Virginia Highland. This is a nice aspect because there are no large convenience stores that take up space with their parking lots. The traditional aspect brings together the community which is nice.

So, if I was to graduate sometime soon and was planning on raising a family, I would probably look at Virginia Highland first, if my job was here in Atlanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment