Hey, so I haven't been to anywhere new recently. We have been traveling back to the same areas and same courses so I can't give you an account of a different place today. After reading the last post about how there has really been no change in 60 years in needing a car to do anything in a suburb the idea of biking came to me.
If you need a car to get somewhere then it must be safe to assume that walking is out of the question because it would be too far to walk. But biking is faster than walking. I feel like cities and suburbs should try to get more residents to start biking instead of driving. I believe that making bike lanes on some roads would cost less than paying for more public transportation where the buses/trains, drivers, etc. need to be paid for. If people started biking then it would take the automobile traffic down. More people would also get more exercise which could help reduce the obesity issue we have in this country.
I'm not saying to put some bike lanes on huge major highways. Usually there are other routes to get to a destination besides the major highways. Sure they might be a little longer, but that just means the more exercise residents will get.
berry Fields
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment